Can I get a hint when I am stalled?

Is it reasonable to ask for a hint on the challenge puzzles? I have been working with the chlamydomonas reinhardtii for a couple of days, both at difficulty level 0 and difficulty level 4, and I have them both solved except for the same aspect. About two thirds of the way up there are two neighboring bulges, an 11 nucleotide bulge and a 5 nucleotide bulge. They have a C-G in common. No matter what I do with the neighboring stacks or with the nucleotides in the bulges themselves, the C-G always pops apart , allowing the bulges to merge.
Of course I don’t want to earn the points if I don’t solve the puzzle myself, but I would also like to learn what the trick is behind this problem and move on.

Hi pojoman,

If you have not yet read all of these guides:

http://eterna.cmu.edu/news/51904

I would highly recommend that you do that first - the answers to all of these questions and more are in there! If you’re still having trouble after that, you can ask for more guidance if you still need it - I’m thinking you will almost certainly get all your problems, issues, and questions straightened out by reading these guides though.

Of particular value are the General Strategy Guide, and the Loop Guide.

Best of Luck to you!

-d9