[Dev Chat Followup] Lab solution bundles, kickstarting collaboration, and making groups useful

Well put.

great points.
the ā€˜working groupā€™ proposal is kind of like the system we have used for ā€˜player projectsā€™ ā€“ several folks can join as admins for specific projects.
anything wrong with that as a template? suggestions for improvement? 
might require a bit more work if the group has multiple bundles, but not too bad.

In case you didnā€™t see it, I made a post about it: https://getsatisfaction.com/eternagamā€¦

I think that it would be good to redesign the interface for groups to promote collaboration, efficiency, professionalism, etc. Iā€™m imagining that once you join a group, you can enter a ā€˜portalā€™ for it, and you are brought to a virtual workshop or lab (not necessarily directly looking like this, but that kind of idea). Structuring the workflow for players this way (having a personal virtual workshop/lab) would be something actually pretty interesting.

Just throwing out some vision here, I know it probably would require quite a bit of effort. Might work for helping with integration/engagement and such though. If I get the chance, Iā€™ll try to mock up some concepts.

1 Like

@rhiju - Iā€™m not feeling smart enough to predict the implications of using player projects as an initial model.  What if we start by setting an Eterna group goal or goals for the current synthesis round, for example

At least fifty percent of all  synthesized  designs will 

• be associated with a bundle that has a specific research focus, and
  • within that bundle, be identified with one of the specific research questions for that bundle
    ā€¦ and then let the developers figure out how they can best support that in the next week or two, and let players figure out what they can do with what the devs give them.