Help verify a Switch Stategy Pattern

I noticed a pattern when working on switches and wanted to see if anyone could verify.

This pattern tells you when you are getting close to a solution and you should slow the process down in order to solve the puzzle.

Pick the hardest switch to solve individually to solve first and work the second switch off of the first using your regular puzzle solving strategy.

There are 4 modes: switch 1 (sw1), switch 2 (sw2), natural mode 1 (nm1), and
natural mode 2 (nm2). I’ll use “<>” to mean not equal to.

sw1<>sw2 by definition.
Stage 1)
If sw1<>sw2<>nm1<>nm2 you are way off from the solution, keep on plugging away.
From 0 to 100 (100 being switch solved) you are at position 20.
Stage 2)
If nm1=nm2 but neither nm1 or mn2 are = sw1 or sw2, you are getting closer but still
off. You are around position 65.
Stage 3)
If, however, nm1=nm2= either sw1 or sw2 you are a few flips away from a solution.
You are at position 95, you should slow down making major changes, the solution may be near. This is the pattern I am referring to.

With all the switches I solved I was able to solve the puzzle with just a few changes either inside the loops or in one of the stacks once I was at stage 3).
The changes made to solve the puzzle were minor.

Has anyone seen this? If so, reply here. Thanks.

Hi JR! I stumbled on this post, and I just wanted to say, yes, I have seen it. This is legit.

I have little knowledge with switches, perhaps done a hundred or so but yes. I agree with your observation. Will have to really pay attention next time

Am I right in thinking that translated into a global strategy for solving, this becomes:

1. Looking at all states at once, in natural mode, get them to all the same shape (except for around the aptamer(s), which must be bound.)

2. Maintaining this constraint (not the shape itself, but the constraint that all states keep the same shape), mutate the states one by one into their target shapes, starting with the most challenging one.

I’ve never felt like I figured out a global strategy that worked for most puzzles; I try one thing for awhile and if that doesn’t produce results, I’ll try something else. I tried the above just now and zipped through a handful of switch puzzles, one of which I had previously given up on.

Thanks, JR!