How to Solve Major Platform Issues with Limited Resources

Many thanks for the insight into current happenings by the way!

1 Like

The funding available for the programmer/analysis is not focused on sustaining eterna. Generally, basic science funding is typically for *starting* projects and maybe archiving/disseminating the resulting scientific insights, but not maintaining them. Just the way it is. That’s why your ideas and community-based solutions are critical!

1 Like

Ah, ok, was wondering if it had to do with where the funding source allocated it. Thanks!

Regarding developing an even better energy model, that’s awesome to know it is on the table. Since Flash is no longer viable after the year 2020, 1-1.5 years may just be the perfect timeline anyway, to work in concert with the required platform transition. As LFP6 notes above, ideally funds would first and foremost be allocated towards the Flash transition.

Adobe Not Supporting Flash After Year 2020 - Prepare to Upgrade Platform Before Then

Rhiju, this is beyond maintenance, it is essentially a non-negotiable requirement to recode the site before the year 2020, when browsers may no longer even be willing to render flash due to Adobe’s stated cessation of development or support for it security-wise, if I understand correctly.

Therefore I hope there may be some way to get funding for this as essentially a new or full replacement platform, since it will no longer even be possible to provide maintenance for the Flash one after that time. Beginning planning now gives us a comfortable amount of time for the fundraising and R&D necessary for such a transition.

As for creative solutions to lack of funding, there are pros and cons for a few ideas outlined specifically in this thread, such as fundraisers, player dev, partnerships, and hackathons. 
And as mentioned in the eternacon thread, I am happy to pledge any funds that would have been used for my travel or attendance to a development fund instead, though as LFP6 has noted, that may be a drop in the bucket.

1 Like

[I’m sorry if I missed something, I had to skim starting from after the rewrite/write the site with vue part because it was too long. Will read more later]
One problem with vue (I don’t have much expirience thuogh), is that if you make changes to it without knowing what you are doing (say, change the data via jquery) it doesn’t notice it and overrides it. Doesn’t it make boosters more problematic? Or if the vue object will be public it would be easy to make changes to it in a good way? I know I am speaking here from lack of expirience, but please make sure to consider it well, as it could be very bad if I was right here

1 Like

Jieux just said tonight “everything works fine for me on my old robot”
I am quite sure his pc hasnt the specs your has so im confused why its slow for you @Elves.