Seeking player feedback on more intuitive menu options

There also doesn’t seem to be a lot of discussion so you may think of doing nothing until a major change comes along and do them both at the same time. 

Ben, you also had some broader thoughts on the layout including mockup of homepage for advanced players – perhaps this is a good thread to post that? I bet JR, Zama, whbob would have useful thoughts – or alternatives.

Hey all,
After playing Eterna and going through the challenges over the last several months, I put together a list of some of the ideas I have had to improve it. I see many of them are repeated in some form or another here, but I have a few ideas in here that I don’t see elsewhere. Here is a google doc link to the full list of suggestions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VcpxNIQ6JsgLtCfjwIm3_zbrsS5BoWJsOcJsGaNM-zk/edit?usp=sharing

feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts!

1 Like

Here’s the link to the mockups - it reflects some of the ideas I mentioned above, but includes some new features (like letting people create and work on puzzle series instead of just searching, finding them and then going back, finding the next one…). The idea was to give players more control over what they see, so that a player can select something they’re working on to see on their homepage.

FYI:
Since this thread has taken on bigger subjects than just the menus and since both players and devs have ideas about changing the website generally, the dev plan is to do a website update in August. So everyone who’s following this, chime in with your ideas! Take a look at our links above, or make your own proposals, as JR, Zama, and whbob have.

7/9/2018, 10:40 EST got a 502 error trying to access the link

link is working again.

Very creative ideas! I think you have a good grasp on the new player experience and its problems. I feel validated. I have added my two cents worth in the comments. 

Seeing your tab layout made me re-organize my “site Map” above.
I think there needs to be an introduction to Eterna at the home page.
In my new layout, the bold headings are meant to be tabs on the home page. The lists under the bold headings could be tabs in the sub-headings.

You have Player Puzzle Maker twice, so maybe switch the one under puzzles to Tutorial Puzzles. I also think we could add more categories of puzzles- different levels.

1 Like

Thanks Zama,
The player created puzzles have single and switch puzzles. Someone might work out for players to complete a puzzle type group and be brought to a progression “test” area where passing raises them to another level.  
I did put the puzzle maker twice. Most want it with the puzzles, but I thought duplicating it in “create” would give new players a better chance to find it. 
I’m trying to think of what a new player might want for categories.
For instance, I have not put a search link in anywhere. There must be a good place for one somewhere.
The more ideas you have the better.  Looking forward to more comments :) 

1 Like

Please return in game option called before as  “Low performance mode” It will hide all bubles on game screen . It is annoing . Thanks.

2 Likes

Well…I’ve been having trouble trying to create puzzles so that would be cool. https://eternagame.org/web/player/259775/created_puzzles/