Split-Screen in Lab to Allow Side-by-Side Design Comparisons

Hi All,

My Team-mate, mat747, and I were discussing an idea in chat to create a “Split-Screen” display option in the Lab, to allow Side-by-Side Comparisons of the finer points of very similar designs.

Although this does not seem like it would be a very easy feature to implement, we thought it would be valuable enough if it were to be implemented, to warrant writing it up here in Get-Satisfaction, to at least make it available as a topic for discussion at Dev Meetings.

Thanks, and Best Regards,

-d9 (with mat747)

I really like this idea.

For the latest round of the Lab I had to draw the three top scoring solutions of the previous round on a white-board and mark the problematic nucleotides to be able to compare them to each other. :frowning:

that would be so awsome!

Two tabs at the very least! Two alone I’d use for comparing locked versus natural views. I could imagine running theoretical models in each one, seeing what minute changes would do, or what a series of changes would do, without having to undo them if that path doesn’t work out.

Would be great for people with multiple monitors, have different views on each monitor.

I’d love to see this.

Another thing I’d like (that should be much easier to implement) is the ability to control-click on nucleotides in the analysis results screen to make it easier to follow when switching between target and actual result modes, like you can with the puzzles.

This is a good idea, but right now, the dev team does not have time to implement it right now. It has been marked as deferred in the bug tracker at number 327.

Another idea would be to allow quickly flipping between two designs on a single screen. The ‘flashing’ effect would let the eyes quickly focus on the differences between the designs.

blink analysis is good for spotting differences, but can’t you do that - or the split screen by simply opening a second browser window ?

With blink analysis, your eyes don’t move, just the image changes. I think that is important so that your eyes can detect the changes. (The same way they detect motion). It’s not the same as moving your eyes back and forth between two images.

With respect to the split screen - good point. That seems to work fine.