UI issue - selecting whole basepairs

I have never complained about this before, but its starting to get to me finally. The center of the hotspot for the little glowing thing between nucleotides that lets me select a whole basepair is not centered on the glowing thing. It’s off to the right by a couple of pixels, just enough to throw you off if you aren’t dead on, as the hotspots for the bases themselves are much larger and not clearly marked

This is what makes the hotkeys nice - again, which only work reliably when advanced energy mode is turned *off*

Am I the only one who accidentally clicks on the U instead of the glowing thing to get the whole pair about one out of every 7 or 8 times? Then I adjust by clicking farther right, but it selects the A - if U is already selected then the hotspot for the glowing thing shrinks even more, making it even more difficult to select the center spot. Anyway, it’s a small issue but can’t recall seeing it ever brought up before, and Eli has talked me into reporting it here

More comments from chat that describe the problem further and comments from players having it:

hoglahoo: Am I the only one who accidentally clicks on the U instead of the glowing thing to get the whole pair about one out of every 7 or 8 times? [11:16 PM]
Eli Fisker: nope [11:16 PM]
Eli Fisker: Me too [11:16 PM]
hoglahoo: Then I adjust by clicking farther right, but it selects the A - if U is already selected then the hotspot for the glowing thing shrinks even more [11:16 PM]
Nando: raises hand [11:16 PM]
hoglahoo: so then I have to click on GC or something and go back to it again [11:16 PM]

Malcolm: It’s often difficult to accurately place your cursor on the right spot of the flashing pair icons. It’s very annoying. ;):slight_smile: [11:18 PM]
hoglahoo: Malcolm: it’s almost like a puzzle in itself [11:19 PM]

I’d also like to restate my request for a ‘Deselect All’ button as it’s really time consuming to deselect them one at a time, especially since I often miss one or two selected NTs and don’t notice them until switching between natural and target mode. If you are constantly having to scan every NT to ascertain which are selected, in order to deselect them, you are distracted from your strategy plan when attempting to prevent misfolds. It means the player is less efficient at executing solving strategies, because they are interrupted. Please, please, pretty please, can we have a Deselect All button. ;):slight_smile: