UI issues - Report your game problems

I agree with Omei that is would be cool and a time saver. We need direct access to the Lab Results or Lab info currently I feel we have to open to many pages just to view results.

Diana, yes, it is back working. By the way, Mat brought up a fine idea. I will post our chat here:

mat747: I thought of an idea for the active labs page the other day
Eli Fisker: let me hear
mat747: having the green circle icon with the tick coloured differently to show, different states of voting or designs submitted
Eli Fisker: It would really be nice to be able to see what the status is for both things
mat747: it could be yellow for if you have submitted a design or vote
Eli Fisker: As for now one gets the green tick as soon as one has submitted just one design or vote
Eli Fisker: and one can’t see the number left
Eli Fisker: I really like your idea

Hereby it is passed on.

We later continued the discussion. Here are some more reasons why Mat want the above change:

mat747: As for now one gets the green tick as soon as one has submitted design or vote
mat747: submitted all designs or votes
mat747: i just see the green icon as points less in current form
mat747: just having green icons is not going to info me if i have submitted all my designs or votes
Eli Fisker: No, Stlnes script is better
mat747: which means I would have to check to see those lab
Eli Fisker: Exactly
Eli Fisker: Let me check is Stlne’s script is back and fully working
mat747: but that means opening another page
Eli Fisker: Yes, true
Eli Fisker: The point with the tick should be that one shouldn’t enter the lab to see how many votes and slots left
Eli Fisker: and we still have to do that with the current version of the Green tick
Eli Fisker: It is a step in the right direction, but more is needed
mat747: yes like a another colour
Eli Fisker: agree, that will help
Eli Fisker: And unfortunately, though Stlnes script is running it is still broken, as it is stuck mainly in previous lab

I made a bug report on puzzle maker changing target shape erroneously when using add/delete pair tool on my Firefox/Win7 system. It happens both in target mode and native mode.

Literally makes designing a puzzle like shooting a moving target because the target is moving in ways you don’t intend!

Lab search: I noticed today that the lab search is now insensitive to case. Great job. But it seems like we’ve lost the ability to search for structure with dot bracket notation. That’s really important, I think.

I agree with Omei. I really like this feature back again. Especially when we don’t have a real structure search tool yet.

Comment on the new update. The blue dots are real hard to read on the blue background.They really need a different color background. Also the colors are much harder viewing than in the game interface. Can’t we just have the next and back buttons directly in the game interface?

The marking option is broken for labs. I can only use Ctrl + click = highlight in puzzles, but not in the labs.

Ps. Huge thx for the option to mark in all states of the switch puzzles. It is a big help!

Hi eternacac,

Thanks for reporting.
This issue has been added our issue tracker(https://github.com/EteRNAgame/EteRNA-…).

Diana

Hi Eli Fisker,

Thanks for your comment.
This has been added in our issue tracker(https://github.com/EteRNAgame/EteRNA-…).

Thanks!

Diana

Hi Eli,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We’ll check it out. This issue has been added in our issue tracker as well
(https://github.com/EteRNAgame/EteRNA-…).

Thanks!
Diana

To be the most useful, it should show the number of designs and number of votes for each lab. And oddly enough, that data is already in the response sent from the server. Hopefully, that means the devs’ intent is to add both these to the GUI.

I agree with Omei. This is how the information, will be of most use to us.

A number of players participated in a chat today regarding group messages, and we came up with the following request wrt the Feed page.

First priority - sort all messages on the Feed by date, most recent first. This is an important part of making groups work better. As it stands now, I have to scroll down so far to see that I have a group message that I never would have seen it without Zanna’s help.

Second priority - Make it easier to search for older messages. Definitely needed, but we didn’t get into the details as to what would work best.

Thanks, devs! We know you’ve got a lot on your plate right now. But even if only the first page of the feed got sorted chronologically, that would be a big short-term help.

Great suggestion, Omei. I totally agree.

I very much agree with Omei. I also often miss the news posts because of them being sorted further down. And being able to searching in the messages will help a lot.

Hi Omei, mat, this button has been added and you will be able to see this feature next deployment. Thanks for suggestion!!

http://kws.eternadev.org/web/labs/past/

Thanks, That will help us save time and clicking.

AUTOSAVE CREATES DELAY IN PUZZLE SOLVING

First of all we really want to keep autosave. But here are some ideas for make it work better, so it don’t creates delay in the puzzle solving:

hoglahoo: I wonder how difficult it would be for someone to write a much faster puzzle-solving interface/page. It’s just about to the point where I have given up trying to solve more challenging puzzles because the time-per-flip is out of hand [4:50 PM]
hoglahoo: Generally I have 5 to 10 minutes at a time where I can concentrate on flipping. What used to be a 10 minute puzzle has become a two hour puzzle [4:52 PM]
Dennis9600: The delay in the puzzle solving interface/page appears to be almost entirely due to the autosave feature. Sure would be nice to put that on a timer instead of executing every flip. [4:53 PM]
hoglahoo: I agree just based on when puzzlemaker slowed way down [4:53 PM]
Dennis9600: yep [4:53 PM]
Dennis9600: We should bring this up with the dev chat [4:54 PM]
hoglahoo: a timer, or some sort of delay based on how long it has been since the last mutation [4:54 PM]
Dennis9600: exactly [4:54 PM]
hoglahoo: “autosave after no changes have been made for five seconds” [4:54 PM]
hoglahoo: yes, I think I will do that if I’m present at the next one [4:55 PM]
steven123505: yeah [4:55 PM]
Dennis9600: and autosave if no save has occurred but some large number of changes have occurred [4:55 PM]
hoglahoo: even though jee did say at the last dev chat that the features that are implemented first are the ones related to some other lab-oriented thing :slight_smile: [4:55 PM]
Dennis9600: it’s clear the lab has more science value than the puzzles [4:56 PM]
hoglahoo: I guess autosave in lab is slowing labs down by the same token [4:56 PM]
hoglahoo: preventing me from curing cancer as quickly as I could [4:56 PM]
steven123505: :open_mouth: [4:57 PM]
steven123505: lets speed up this game :stuck_out_tongue: [4:57 PM]
hoglahoo: maybe that argument is a bit over the top [4:57 PM]
Dennis9600: maybe the same fix would clear up performance issues in puzzle solving, puzzle creating, and labs [4:57 PM]
hoglahoo: yes, increasing the overall participation in the game [4:57 PM]
hoglahoo: I wonder if there’s a puzzlemaker on any of the dev servers without the autosave. I could just use that I suppose [5:02 PM]
hoglahoo: (smallthink) [5:03 PM]
Zanna: maybe a save button would be better, where it doesn’t save unless click “save” [5:05 PM]
Dennis9600: Too easy to forget and lose [5:06 PM]
Zanna: true [5:06 PM]
Zanna: I would be one of those who would forget [5:06 PM]
Dennis9600: me too [5:06 PM]
hoglahoo: yeah we had that option already with copying notation and sequence [5:06 PM]
hoglahoo: Maybe a warning that flash is going to crash in 10 seconds giving us time to save first :slight_smile: [5:07 PM]
Zanna: lol [5:07 PM]
Zanna: how about if it only saved when you closed the page? [5:08 PM]
Zanna: ah, crashing would still a problem though [5:09 PM]
Zanna: still be* [5:09 PM]
hoglahoo: I like Dennis’ first two suggestions actually, just messing around now, hehe [5:09 PM]
Zanna: :slight_smile: [5:10 PM]
hoglahoo: ideally, get away from something that is so memory-hungry [5:11 PM]
Zanna: yeah [5:12 PM]
hoglahoo: at 100,000 coins, unlock the no-frills 4-bit graphics page written in html only [5:13 PM]
steven123505: LOL [5:14 PM]

Minor detail. It is possible to tick of both switch and single puzzles at once:

I searched the term ‘Green Button’ and didn’t see this problem mentioned: When I click on a green button (any green button, but for example, “Play Puzzle”), the click is not recognized click on the text within the green button. It would be more intuitive (based on other button experiences I’ve had) to let the click anywhere within the button activate the button, not just the text. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like