Very old conversations in my email.

All of a sudden my email is getting flooded with many conversations from 4-5 years ago.  While many are interesting, it’s too much to deal with. I thought maybe a new post was added in them, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

1 Like

Did this by chance happen just after you changed your profile options for receiving email notifications from the forums?  It doesn’t seem like sending you posts from years ago makes any sense, but at least it could be an explanation of what triggered it.

@Omei, no I haven’t changed anything in my profile.  So far today, I haven’t gotten any, so it may have been some kind of temporary glitch.  If it returns again, I’ll let you know.  Thanks for  looking at it.

My apologies! I caused the huge influx over the past few days when finishing up the re-categorization of all the topics on the forum (you should notice at the top of the email it says something like “The conversation “[name]” has been added to the category: [name]”). It is completed now (a really cool thing, now almost a year after I was originally put to the task), so you shouldn’t see this volume in the future. Astromon mentioned this to me the other day, and I’m guessing that it is new for GetSatisfaction to do notifications on these, as I haven’t seen this before. I assume you are signed up to receive all notifications on the forum? If not, this is most definitely a bug that should be reported to GetSat (which I would do).

Again, apologies, and thanks for bearing with me, hopefully the forums should be a much more usable tool going forward!

@LFP6, thanks for the explanation.  I am set up to get notifications on the forum.  Haven’t gotten any today.