I’ve been working on the new chat which will be coming out soon. I still have time before (and will have after) to add new features. However, I’ve just about run out of ideas. I figured I’d put something here so more people would see it.
Chances are, I’ll be able to add what you request - in some form. We use the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) protocol. This means that some things just can’t be done the way the server is set up. But, I can probably add it some other way. An example is pinning messages. IRC doesn’t have this capability. This means a user can’t pin a message for everybody. However, I have added local pins, so you can pin messages for yourself to view later.
Here’s a short list of what’s already been implemented. Please check this before requesting a feature - I may have already added it.
- Notifications (can be turned on/off for specific channels, indicator in page title can be customized, desktop notifications can be enabled)
- Username colors
- Joining/leaving other channels is in the works
- Away/online status
- Username, channel, and puzzle tooltips
- Chat can be dragged and resized
- More markdown formatting
- A markdown toolbar (e.g. you can select text and click the bold button to make the selection bold)
- Toolbar also includes emoticons (with three custom emoticon slots) and a preview so you can see what your message will look like before you send it
- Text size can be changed (10-18 pixels)
- Autocompletion for usernames
- Moderation tools
- More chat commands
- Redone layout with slideout
That’s not an exhaustive list, just what I can remember.
Like I said, I’ve just about run out of ideas. I’d love to add some more features before the chat is released. Thanks for your feedback!