Current Lab: Modified Base Indicator

For the current lab we’re changing bases which is being highlighted by a counter. But would it be possible to introduce a feature that puts a coloured ring (or something else) around the individual bases that have been changed? It would allow us to easily locate bases that have been modified from the original structure and perform further changes to them or return them to the original as necessary. If we are getting larger puzzles as part of the second round of the current lab I think it would be a useful feature.
At the moment, I line up my modified structure next to a tab with an unmodified structure and click between the two rapidly to find modified bases. (Note: I know there is a ctrl+click feature that highlights individual bases, but I use this to track pairings between target and natural mode and can’t differentiate between what has changed and what I want to change if I use it for both)

Hope that makes sense

1 Like

There are several such scripts in the works which may become curated boosters in the near future. In the meantime you can make your own copy of https://eternagame.org/web/script/9304630/ or https://eternagame.org/web/script/9259361/

2 Likes

Adding to Jeff’a reply, if you aren’t familiar with player-written boosters, here’s a gotcha to be aware of. When you make your own copy of a booster, the “Type” box changes to"Etc". You have to change it back to “Booster” before saving it. (If you forget, you can always go back and edit your script to make that change later.)

Once you have your own copy of the booster and it is correctly tagged as a booster, refresh your game page if necessary and it will show up when you click on the lightning bolt menu in the game.

2 Likes

Many thanks for the advice and scripts it definitely is a step closer to what I think would be optimal.
But at the moment that script takes control of the mark feature and I can’t use it to mark off sections I want to change.
I think if there was a passive colour scheme for these labs that indicated the original colour of the changed bases, it would allow the mark feature to be free. The light up labs had a similar feature to indicate where the MGA loops would form. At the moment I think the non-specific counter in the top left corner is not adequate enough for these types of puzzles to track changes to the original structure.
In the attached image I have rough indicators drawn showing the original colour of the changed bases to give an idea of what I think would be useful. The indicators could be the same as the mark tool but they show the original colour of the base that you changed and now can easily undo if you want to reduce the count number and free up “change” slots

1 Like

If you run the script a second time and say Cancel, it will turn off the automark feature. Alternatively you can say Cancel the first time you run it and it will mark the mutated bases just once.

I’ll consider a version that color marks with the original color. Thanks for the idea.