Eterna Discord should be supported/promoted

me and astro made an eterna discord. we might think this would be effective for quick communication and would be good if you promote it potentially. Link: ‎https://discord.gg/S4EXJU

1 Like

Hey Benbennett!
I think using Discord is a great idea, especially if we wind up getting more gamers involved, since it’s a pretty typical service. There’s been some experimentation with it in the past  - I originally set up the player-driven dev goup on Discord before moving to Slack (Slack seemed to have some better features at the time, and was also something those of us involved at that point were more used to), and MasterStormer set up a server at one point. MS and I were actually discussing about setting up a Discord server with a special bot and client to replace the Eterna chat (ideally to help add more features, and again to appeal to gamers to have direct access to chat via Discord).
While I’m not sure it’d make sense for us to directly promote it via a nav link or news article or so, I to totally recommend others who are interested to join it as I have!

1 Like

thank you for showing your support, and i hope this brings in new recruits and makes it easier to contact online people on phones or tablets. also you wouldve noticed the discord bot as always “online”, as it plugs the discord chat into eterna

i was actually thinking of a small box on a menu that promotes it, but im happy with any support i get

Per “easier to contact online people on phones or tablets” - yeah, for sure. There is actually an app for Eterna chat, but I’m not sure if it’s still functional or not. Might revive that at some point, but Eterna chat does technically work on mobile… Of course both have the drawback of not retaining history past ~100 messages (used to be like 20, I bumped that!) or having any sort of notifications.

1 Like