Freywa is posting solutions to players puzzle can you remove his post?

I don’t care. wasting your time explaning your point of view. cill pill time Freywa post were removed from my puzzle thank you Jeehyung Lee

You think too much of yourself. I’m not explaining it to you but to all the others reading that actually care and want to understand.

lol, yep, reading the descriptions has never been a stregnth. Now, on to the discussion. First off, I don’t particularly care if player’s post solutions on my puzzles. Now, if they do, that just makes me angry, and when I get angry, I tend to go down my list of potential puzzles to post, and I choose one that isn’t likely to be solved without explicit instructions on how to do so.

Now, the main problem I have, is that my puzzles are so difficult, players are more likely after hour number 10 to choose the easy path, by looking at a puzzle solution. This means, that if I wanted to see many alternate solutions, I get stuck with one solution. Of course, for the puzzles that have only one solution, Drake is the only one to solve them so far…

btw, I am meaning to send you your solutions drake, but I usually get side tracked by something, or my connection goes down, or I get side treacked by my connection going down. It can get complicated. For the challenge puzzles, I already know what you want to see, and I can usually say with good confidence that many have “unique sections” where a GC pair is required or some nucleotide in a bulge is needed, but solutions can become varied with pair placements. Now, if you want to see GU’s, I have given up on placing as many as possible, because it really doesn’t do me any good for any aspect of the game, as the last thing that was useful for were the GU challenges, which are no longer around.

Now, I do agree with Drake that all players who have solved a puzzle should have access to other solutions, or at least the bot solutions, or at least the creator’s solutions, however, if players have to “forfeit” points to look at a solution, then what is the point for them to even try a puzzle in the first place, as I am just going to get a bunch of forfeit points, and 0 new solutions, that helps me in no way.

Finally, I do agree with Starry that players posting solutions is not a good thing for a few reasons.

1. It deters players from building complex puzzles, which can take long amounts of time to build, perfect, and publish. Who does this hurt, ME. What am I supposed to do without complex puzzles to solve. In fact, I am currently having to go through my old puzzles, looking for solutions that players are not likely to give me because they will never try.

2. It is bad sportsmanship to post the solution for everyone to see, because this is a game, and making the solution available for everyone makes this no longer a game. What’s the point of making a puzzle worth 100 points if anyone can solve it.

3, How am I ever supposed to reach rank number 1 if players can just solve my puzzles whenever they want :wink:

These are just my thoughts on the subject. To agree or disagree, is your choice :slight_smile:

Thanks B, you read as much as i chat :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, if you read my suggestion above it implies you’d be the number one player already. And there would not even be any going near you. The incentive to forfeit is to understand so you don’t have to do it more than once for any problem, and you might be able to solve puzzles that a lot of other people chose to forfeit and are hence worth quite a lot of points. As a player, you forfeit specific puzzles to learn their tricks. As a puzzle maker, you try to make puzzles people have to forfeit because they can’t figure it out. Do you really think there would be no solutions and everyone would leave? If you do, is it really worth having all those people if they don’t do nothing in the first place?

You know, the reason i sometimes hate talking to you is because it feels like you have an insight into the game that i don’t, that you can somehow memorize any and all sequence energies for any structure under 20 nts. Well, i can’t. To be able to solve the puzzles i need to learn the rules, and to do that i need examples. Some of these are hard to come by and even harder to iterate. And i would gladly give 5k points to you to not have to iterate through every combination of a 5-5 loop to find the one that will form the 4-in-a-row zigzag. I’d give you those points because you found it not me. I could have, but i wanted to save the time and nothing was to be gained from the excercise, i’m not likely to remember the entire sequence but i’m very likely to remember where i found it.

But all in all i do agree with you that solutions should not be there for everyone to see. The difference between you and me is that given the two options i still find it much much more preferable and fair than any kind of restriction of expression. People lose interest in hard puzzles anyway, regardless of whether there’s an easy way out or not. If there is, they might actually be interested enough after 10 hours to learn from it. You’re denying this chance based on the assumption that it cannot exist. I’m trying to prove to you that it can.

I didn’t come here to debate whether it’s the right thing to do to post solutions in the comments, it is not. I came here to find a way to be able to see all the solutions to at least my own puzzles, but preferably any that i find more interesting to look at than to solve. There won’t be many. But there would be at least one by now. This way, i just browsed through Eli’s guides for the right zigzag solution. The thing everyone so eagerly promotes as it was any different than providing the solutions. Is it harder to read? Or harder to find? For whom?

Oh and as for the GUs Brourd don’t worry about that unless it’s something special. Like 29 out of 30 pairs. Do you really not see anything in that? I wish i could have done 30. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is bad form to post solutions to other players puzzles.
No matter why.

I suggest that Eterna introduce a list similar to the list of players completing the puzzle in the GU-challenges in the olden days. That way people that have completed the puzzles can be identified. If someone is desperate for a puzzle solution, they can contact some of the solvers and beg for whole or parts of a solution.

Why would I want to get a complete solution?
I wouldn’t.
That would be to claim I am a better puzzle solver than I really am, if I were to just follow a recipe, and as starryjess and joshua point to, it makes it impossible to determine the actual number of players solving a given puzzle.

It would be like learning the right moves for solving Rubik’s cube without understanding the reasoning behind the moves :slight_smile:

man dont have time to read these your wasting a lot of time on a problem that as solved 8 days a go. please go make your own post on satisfaction so i dont get spammed by your justification. for sucking the fun out of the pozzle

Maybe you should have considered that when you went to a public forum to complain.

It’s bad form to irnore what people say and just focus on what you want to say. No matter why.

You’re all stuck in your loops because i dared to stand up for something you all don’t like simply because i see something in it that you don’t. Discussion over.

who cares your taking this too serious. I hope you find someone to talk to get out all your misplaced anger. its a game,
not the answers to life or revolution. your not standing up for something your stepping on other people’s fun. If someone post the solutions of your puzzle and you don’t like it just post a thread on saturation or ask an Etrna employee and they will happily remove it,

Not tactless lol blunt and dyslexic

I’m sorry Josh, i did indeed want to upset you for writing here and ruining my fun. You should have sent an e-mail or a message or at least make a post without names. I have full confidence in that anyone who cares enough to try to understand my opinion will not feel their time wasted. I’m just sad that’s not you.

can you rite some more so i can under stand .

rite more

Researchers from the University of California at Riverside, US, say that they have developed a new “thermal interface material” (TIM) that could efficiently remove unwanted heat from electronic components such as computer chips or light-emitting diodes. The material is a composite of graphene and multilayer graphene.
Unwanted heat is a big problem in modern electronic systems that are based on conventional silicon circuits – and the problem is getting worse as devices become ever smaller and more sophisticated. TIMs are positioned between a heat source – such as a computer chip – and a heat sink, and they play a crucial role in cooling devices. Conventional TIMs are generally filled with thermally conducting metal particles and have thermal conductivities in the range 1–5 Wm–1 K–1 at room temperature. A high volume fraction (of more than 50%) of filler particles is usually needed to achieve such conductivities.

Oxford Nanopore says it will begin selling by the end of the year a disposable DNA sequencer about the size of a USB memory stick that can be plugged directly into a laptop or desktop computer and used to perform a single-molecule sensing experiment. The device is expected to sell for $900, according to the company.

The company also unveiled a larger benchtop version of the technology. It says a configuration of 20 of the benchtop instruments could completely sequence a human genome in 15 minutes.

The technology is based on a radically different sequencing method that has been in the work for more than a decade at Oxford University, Harvard and the University of California, Santa Cruz. DNA strands are pulled through nanopores embedded in a polymer. As the DNA passes through the nanopore, specific sequences are identified based on varying electronic signals from the different bases. As a result, the technology can read DNA sequences directly and continuously. The company says double-stranded DNA can be sensed directly from blood.

The announcement comes at a time when the cost and time of DNA sequencing is dropping dramatically. Earlier this year, Life Technologies showed off a benchtop sequencer that it says can decode a human genome in one day for less than $1,000. By making sequencing far cheaper and faster, the new generation of instruments could finally make personalized medicine a reality

on. The new technique could prove much cheaper: it uses particles of soot as a template for the structures, so they don’t have to be carved using a process such as photolithography.

Methods: The researchers held a glass slide over a candle flame to coat it with soot made of nanoscale spheres that stack up, resulting in a texture that repels oil. They covered the soot with a layer of silica to keep it from washing away. Then they baked the slide at 600 °C, which rendered the soot transparent.

Next Steps: Applying soot is cheap, but the method the researchers used for applying the silica is relatively expensive. They’re testing cheaper techniques.

r half of that growth came from increased combustion of coal, which has held steady as the source of about 40 percent of the world’s electricity. Much of the new demand is coming from Asia.

In these charts, we show how the world’s sources of electricity changed—and didn’t change—in the previous decade. The message: solar and wind have a long way to go.

odelled on those of the ICTP and will begin with the centre holding international schools and workshops. Among the first events will be a workshop on gravity and string theory in May and a school on astrophysics and cosmology in July.
Initially, there will be five permanent researchers as well as a director, who is the Brazilian physicist Nathan Berkovits. The centre expects to support about a dozen postdocs positions per year as well as playing host to a number of international visitors and students. Hiring for the permanent and postdoc positions is still on going, with the theoretical physicist Fernando Quevedo, who is director of the ICTP in Trieste, saying that selection will “follow the highest international standards and we expect to select simply the best candidates, independent of their origin”.
With a budget of about $1m per year, the institute also will have an active visitors’ programme. "We very much hope that this will be only the beginning of a

John Glenn plans to mark the 50th anniversary of his historic spaceflight with a series of events Monday at Ohio State University, including a celebratory dinner and a chat with the International Space Station.
The astronaut and senator from Ohio became the first American to orbit the Earth on Feb. 20, 1962, circling it three times in five hours and helping to lead the nation into space. The trip helped the United States catch up to the Soviet Union’s accomplishments, and Glenn said he thinks it was a turning point for the national psyche.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/20/…