Looking for volunteers that are interested in helping plan Eternacon2016 or present interesting RNA things

Eternacon2016 is in planning and I am looking for people who are interested in helping out with things. We do not have the site planned or a date set but I am hoping to do it at Stanford again around July. I do know that we need help planning events and making things happen.

If anyone has any experience they think will be helpful please let me know. If you are interested in helping I do ask that you make as much of a commitment as you can and let me know what that is. If you can only help once in a while that is fine with me. Do whatever you are comfortable with but keep me informed, please. I will be starting weekly Eternacon meetings on the weekend via a group chat method that has yet to be determined. If nothing is figured out by first meeting we will meet in EteRNA chat and take it over for a little bit…(i hope that is ok). For the first meeting I would like to meet on this Saturday at 5pm. If that time does not work for everybody let me know what days work best for you and I will put together a schedule based on that input. If need be we can do work via email and/or EteRNA PM. I may not be able to have everyone who volunteers help out but I will try to put anyone who wants to help to good use.

One of the things in particular that I hope to see is some player presentations or talks on things of interest to those in Eternaland. If you have something that you would like to talk about or present let me know as early as possible. A reminder though is that not every idea will be able to be presented but please don’t let that stop you from submitting your idea. If you just want to present an idea I will not require attending weekly meetings but you may get asked to attend one or two as we get closer to the date of the event.

Here is to a great Eternacon!!!

P.S.
Should it be EteRNAcon2016 or Eternacon2016?

3 Likes

I hope to go to EternaCon this year, and I would be happy to lead a presentation/discussion of the new Medicine data browser.  What that entails would depend on where the development is at that point.  I imagine it would be some combination of demonstration of existing features that don’t seem to be widely used, preview of work in progress and discussion of ideas for future improvements.

2 Likes

That would be a great thing to discuss and go over. I will touch base with you about that later. I cant wait to hear more great ideas from everyone.

1 Like