MAX G-U and MIN G-C Leaderbrourds

Once upon a time, there were competitions in the challenge puzzles where players would try to achieve the max number of GU pairs for a given secondary structure.

For those players who would like to see another layer of ranking in the game, I propose that we apply this same concept for minimizing the number of GC and maximizing the number of GU, to all player puzzles made so far.

To take maximum G-U as an example. A player opens up a random puzzle. At the top, would be the in puzzle ranking for number of G-U. For every puzzle where a player has the most G-U, or is tied for the most, he would gain one point in the new max G-U leaderbrourd. The ranking for this would be quite dynamic, allowing even new players the chance to become rank 1 in something if they wanted to!

The same concept would be applied to minimum G-C as well.

Potential topics of discussion include: Do the constraints for solving the puzzle matter as well, or, do we want it to be based solely on the secondary structure?

5 Likes

Good idea. Decent replacement for unlocking min GU in the puzzles.

I like it. Would love to see a ‘fewest GC achieved on this puzzle so far’ etc

Intriguing

I’d like to see four categories: Min Energy, Min GC, Max GU and Max AU.

Thank you for all your support! Additionally, perhaps we can ask for a puzzles solved and puzzles created Leaderbrourd as well.

1 Like