Need new Keyboard shortcuts

Ok, I use the 1 thru 5 and q thru r regularly.
But, neither here
https://getsatisfaction.com/eternagame/topics/tools_in_eterna
nor here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTrH2bAj-WXbDlNjSU-ZixEpZgSW4mhHeniAX2JUcGg/edit?pli=1
are any other shortcuts described.

The reason:
With the latest graphical update, the “submit” button and the “look up all submissions” buttons for the 1200 submissions a lab MS2 labs require now two clicks fo reach action, or just over 2400 clicks just for submissions…

So, my suggestion:
Make keyboard shortcuts for ALL functions that have a function clickable by mouse.

To start with, make one for “submit”, then work on all the others.
No idea how difficult this is, but there are still 30ish keyboard keys unaccounted for desperately waiting to be assigned…

Thanks John!

3 Likes

any progress on this?

“Make keyboard shortcuts for ALL functions that have a function clickable by mouse.”

I very much support this wish.

Anything that will do away with clicking - especially extra and unnecessary clicking will benefit us all.

And this bit made me smile big time :slight_smile:

“there are still 30ish keyboard keys unaccounted for desperately waiting to be assigned…”

1 Like

I don’t agree with the proposal. In many cases, there may be adverse consequences. I’m thinking specially of the one I removed almost immediately when I was given access to the source code. Under no circumstance should it be possible to reset a puzzle by inadvertance, and it was.

I also don’t agree about a shortcut for submissions. I don’t think we want players to be able to rush and submit a batch of junk in seconds. What I’m willing to consider is to think about ways to facilitate batch submissions for dedicated players, but I’m convinced that a keyboard shortcut is the wrong way to address the problem. Also, the number of slots is only a circumstantial problem. Imagine that in a couple months, because of say, a successful press campaign, the website is so successful that we have not just 20 very active lab players, but 2’000. At that point, nobody will have 1’000 slots to play with, only a couple or a dozen per target. What will be the point of a submission shortcut at that moment? 

And from the general point of view, shortcuts for all clickable elements: no. Only those that make actual sense.

1 Like