New lab full spike crashes when it's contrafold or eternafold

i have a beast computer and it still srashes. and is the default for the full spike LFE?

This is likely due to an issue with the RNApuzzler low-overlap layout we’ve identified. Go to another puzzle to make sure you have it turned off, then try loading it again. Let me know if that helps.

ah, thanks!
how do i see that RNApuzzler low-overlap layout you’ve identified

You can toggle it on/off with the L key

Jnicol fixed the issue! thanks.

Is there a recommendation for minimum spec’s that a computer must have to do the Sandbox DEG 2 Full Spike Protein puzzle in Round 5?

Memory, I tried 4 to 32MB. Same problems with either one.
Browser, both Chrome & Safair use 101% cpu time rendering. Both report the website is using too much resources without saying what the resources are.

Is there a minimum graphics requirement? Have I something wrong in a browser setting?

I have Mac computers. I see from the above entries that the Mac laptops have problems also and I imagine they have more memory than I do.

I don’t want to go out and purchase something that won’t do a proper job.

Looking for any help I can get to sort this out.

Thanks in advance.

What you’re talking about is actually unrelated - and in fact doesn’t have to do with graphics at all. This is purely due to folding engine computations. The limitation CPU speed. My guess is either:

• You’re not using LinearFold(E)
  • You’re not actually using the sandbox puzzle as you said

For either of those situations - I haven’t done any benchmarking, but no matter how good your computer is it’ll take a while. I’ve discussed some ideas with Andy on how to at least prevent the computations from preventing the page from freezing, though we probably won’t be able to do that for a while - and it won’t speed it up. A faster processor can improve load times, but it will still take many minutes for the computations to happen.

I’m on puzzle 10219657 in Round 5 Sandbox Degscore.
I’ve tried LinearFold(E) and Eternaold with the same results.
Mutation of one base can be 2 minutes sometimes and 12 minutes other times.
If it was always 2 minutes between mutations, I could live with it. 12 not so much.

My 13-inch 2017 MacBook Air (Costco) opens that puzzle in 60 seconds. When I make a mutation, the folding only takes 3 seconds. I leave the puzzle in LinearFoldE or LinearFoldV. The specs are 2.2 GHz dual-core Intel core i7, 8 GB RAM, and 122 GB storage. The primary reason I bought the 2017 version instead of the newer model is I need the USB slot for connecting an audio interface to run MainStage.

Do Soon said OpenVaccine Round 6 is going to be the NanoLuciferase and a portion of the spike, not the full spike. So your current laptop may be fine.

That is extremely weird. With LinearFoldE mutation is only taking a couple seconds for me in the sandbox. Eternafold will by definition take significantly longer.

Could you provide me with information on your processor (namely, speed and/or specific model number, eg I have an i7-8750H which runs from 2.20 - 4.10 GHz) and/or the specific model of computer you’re running?

Thanks.

I have an i5 dual core 1.4Ghz processor. 4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM.It’s a mac mini.
I’m in the puzzle now and mutations are about 10 seconds. I had closed everything out and started over.
I am going very slow changing explosion factor, dragging the molecule around, pausing after a mutation change. This is bearable right now. This morning was bad. Like I said, 8 to 12 minutes waiting for a mutation. Browser isn’t complaining at all right now.