Especially for large RNA molecules, I find myself trying to avoid lag from the background calculations by spray painting the entire molecule with whichever base pair does not have limitations (usually AU). This speeds up the process, but still takes some avoidable time.
I am thus proposing a randomizer.
Here some options for the randomized filling.
- Randomly apply any valid binding base pair to all strands and leave bulges all in A’s
- Same as 1 and color all unbound loops randomly with all (or a choice of) bases
- Randomly apply one (or two) select base pairs (e.g. AU, or AU/CG, …) throughout the entire molecule (my preferred option, this one is), and players can make a choice before doing so, which base pair to chose. Leave loops alone.
- Same as 3 and color all unbound loops randomly with all (or a choice of) bases
- Randomly color the entire molecule with bases (need not be only binding ones AU, CG, UG, but any)
All of the above could be added as a new menu point somewhere.
Anyway, just a thought.