I am working on the last puzzle before lab access, 18-18. There appear to be a few bugs in it:
- Right-click beam to puzzle-maker appears to crash the program
- There is a weird stray nucleotide that can’t be edited and seems to just hang out. To see it, enter this sequence: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAUGAGGAUCACCCAUGUUUAUUGUUUAUUAUGGGGUCAG. It’s there in state 1 and 2 in natural and target mode, but in different places.
- After clicking through the instructions at the beginning, the last “hint window” lingers and never goes away, even after zooming out, in, etc. It obstructs the view in side-by-side mode so it would be nice to get rid of it.
- I recall (and someone mentioned) a label or some that indicates which oligo is tb-a and which is tb-b. It’s not hard to figure this out from context, but if the labels were there it would be nice.
In Dual natural mode, I see a stray A base that initially shows up just before base 105. When I move the sequence, the stray base does not move. In Dual target mode it is a C that appears before base 108.
Putting the cursor over the oligo’s would pop up the name in the past but not in this puzzle.
That’s a big text window if you work with a smaller screen for sure. Needs to be something to make it go away.
Confirmed the crash when going to puzzle-maker.
You are unable to beam puzzles with Oligos to puzzlemaker - it does not have the necessary code to handle it, and the behavior has not changed since Flash.
Per the “stray nucleotide”, I’ve gotten reports about this in the past - this is another data point that may well be useful when I get around to fixing it.
Noted about the final hint window - I could add a button to it like with the other textboxes. Do you think this information should be repeated in the hint (which I know is also messed up per the link)?
You should indeed be able to hover over the strand to get the label - this appears to be a bug, which I’ll look into resolving.
Thanks for this. Some quick followups.
- For the puzzlemaker issue perhaps just disable or remove that menu item when a puzzle has oligos?
I like the idea of adding an ok button to the text box and then having it disappear.
I think the hint is fine as is. The fisker/omei guide is useful. As I recall html wasn’t rendering in the hint though, but that’s not a big deal.
Again, thanks for all your hard work. I personally would count these as fairly low priority issues FWIW.