[Strategy Market] [Switch] Entropy in MS2/microRNA designs

Strategy

Give -1 for designs having lower than 0.6 in entropy and penalize exponentially
Give +1 for designs having above 0.6-0.8 in entropy
Give +3 to designs having between 0.9-1.5 in entropy
Give +1 to designs that have above 1.6 and above and start penalize exponentially

1 Like

Dear Eli Fisker,

Your strategy has been added to our implementation queue and we should have it completed within the next two to three weeks. You can check the status of the implementation here.

We will also be uploading the code used to write your strategy on this page if you are interested in reading it later.

After implementing your idea, we will post the direct link to the code here. Then, we will then optimize the parameters, and test it. At that point, we will tell you the correlation of how good your strategy was and what the new optimized parameters are.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Vineet Kosaraju
The EteRNA Team

Hi Eli,

Just want to confirm that this is not a typo:

Give +1 to designs that have above 1.6 and above and start penalize exponentially

If the entropy is at around 1.6 I’ll give +1, but after that the reward drops off exponentially until it becomes a penalty?

Thanks,
Vineet

1 Like

If the entropy is at around 1.6 I’ll give +1, but after that the reward drops off exponentially until it becomes a penalty?

Yup, you got it. I think 1.6 is not a crime, but still rewardable, I just think as it goes further up it does not benefit the design, so I want to penalize it, but stating gradually and going to a more extreme, the higher entropy becomes.

I wasn’t sure how to jump from +1 reward to drop reward then go on to penalizing increasingly.

1 Like

Dear Eli Fisker,

I am pleased to announce that a preliminary version of your strategy has been implemented with 26 lines of code. The code might slightly change in the future to remove bugs, but you can check the current version here. We will soon work on optimizing your parameters and testing the strategy.

Thank you again for sharing your switch strategy!

Vineet Kosaraju
The EteRNA Team