what Is the differences of folding of dna and rna?

what Is the differences of folding of dna and rna can you use the rna data to predict dna shapes? i was reading in an artical in nature about dna origami and had this question. http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/…

DNA and RNA are not that different, although the double helices do have different shapes and the energetics of base pairing are different in the details.

The main practical difference is that in most biological contexts a DNA strand is present at the same time as its reverse complement, with which it forms a classic double helix, whereas RNAs are usually transcribed without their complements and can fold up into more complex shapes in the cell.

DNA origami and similar DNA nanomachines & computers are fascinating areas of molecular engineering but my lab has been focusing on RNA structure because of its deep relevance to our evolution (the RNA world), the plethora of natural RNAs whose structures need to be understood, and the relative ease of expressing RNAs in cells (as opposed to the single stranded DNAs that would be needed to generate DNA origami in living cells).

Nevertheless, there are some DNA origami games & contests out there – do a search and I think you’ll be fascinated!