When will be the next chat session with a Dev team

When will be the next chat session with a Dev team like we had back on the April 2011 ?

Transcription of today’s chat with Stanford team
http://eterna.cmu.edu/eterna_page.php…

Hi mat -

Let me talk to other dev members about this. At least my time is quite flexible for the chat session.

Thanks Jee

Suggestion Mini Dev chats sessions.

Chat sessions could be with single dev member per session, Making it easier to co-ordinate.
The sessions could limited to specific topics of interest.

Yep, we will love to get you, Jee or any other willing dev online. We love to chat with you guys. And I’m sure we have a couple of questions too. :slight_smile:

Please, by all means don’t feel that you have to round up the whole dev team for any given chat session! Plus (USA) late-afternoon/evenings work better for mat747 and mornings/early-afternoon for Eli, so maybe you could vary the times?

Hi all,

I’ll prepare both - one with the whole team and a casual one with just me.

I’m flexible with the latter. mat, Eli, jandersonlee - any time that you’d prefer?

I’m sporadically available tomorrow between 2pm and 6pm PDT (1900GMT…2300GMT). Friday 9am…5pm PDT (1600GMT…2200GMT).

I will be able between GMT 8 am to GMT 12 pm.

Hi Jee

JL is correct with the times. But i can be flexible too.

Hi all -

as for the informal meeting how about

Friday 12 pm GMT (8am EST)

and

Friday 8pm GMT (4pm EST)

I can hold both sessions. Let me know if both of them don’t work for you!

Alas, I will be on a business trip this week (Tuedsay-Friday), but feel free to go ahead without me if it works for the others.

PS: Shouldn’t that be 8am EDT (not EST) and 4pm EDT?

(I *might* be able to rouse myself for the first one – 5AM PDT depending on how much sleep I’ve had, but by the last day of the Retreat I’m usually very tired.)

LOG FROM SCIENTIST CHAT - FIRST SESSION (1-6-2012)

Here is the chatlog from our question session with Jee for those of you who were not around when we had the chance to ask questions about all the new stuff that will happen in EteRNA.

jeehyung: hi all [1:59 PM]

Eli Fisker: Hi Jee :slight_smile: [2:00 PM]

jeehyung: hi Eli : [1:59 PM]

jeehyung: ] [1:59 PM]

Eli Fisker: hehe [2:00 PM]

jeehyung: how are you today? [1:59 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m fine over here and you? [2:00 PM]

jeehyung: good good : ] [2:00 PM]

jeehyung: Rhiju’s very excited about the paper reviews stuff btw [2:00 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great [2:01 PM]

jeehyung: Thanks for participating in that : ] I [2:01 PM]

Eli Fisker: Happy to hear :slight_smile: [2:02 PM]

Eli Fisker: yw, it was fun trying that [2:02 PM]

Eli Fisker: How does your paper go? [2:02 PM]

Eli Fisker: Adrien said some time back that you were working on one [2:02 PM]

jeehyung: Oh yeah. Our paper about EternaBot (ensemble algorithm) [2:02 PM]

Eli Fisker: ah, love that topic [2:04 PM]

jeehyung: We’ve asked some of our colleagues to review it now. If there isn’t a major flaw we’ll submit it soon : ] [2:03 PM]

Eli Fisker: Sounds great [2:04 PM]

Eli Fisker: JandersonLee couldn’t be here [2:04 PM]

Eli Fisker: but I have a question from him [2:05 PM]

jeehyung: ah. maybe next time then. [2:04 PM]

jeehyung: oh great [2:04 PM]

Eli Fisker: Here it comes [2:05 PM]

Eli Fisker: He said: they said they might post the numerical shape results rather than just images [2:05 PM]

Eli Fisker: He wants to know when we get: “convert the grayscale to intensity values” [2:06 PM]

Eli Fisker: get the raw data converted from greyscale into intensity values [2:06 PM]

jeehyung: ah so he wants the actual raw list of numbers used to create the barcode image [2:05 PM]

Eli Fisker: Yes, instead of running a program himself for each image [2:07 PM]

Eli Fisker: he says it takes forever [2:07 PM]

jeehyung: ok noted. I can ask synthesis team to attach them as .csv files [2:06 PM]

Eli Fisker: Nice [2:07 PM]

Eli Fisker: He will be very happy [2:07 PM]

Eli Fisker: I propably won’t read them all, but going in at specific problem spots to catch a change could be useful [2:08 PM]

jeehyung: Good to know. How are you making use of the raw data btw? [2:07 PM]

Eli Fisker: I have one question too [2:08 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ok, question later [2:08 PM]

jeehyung: It’s actually bit more primitive form of blue-yellow data we are showing in the game [2:08 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ok, but my experience with the shapedata from this lab, is that I can’t trust it to make a good design [2:09 PM]

Eli Fisker: My design score dropped a lot while I followed what the shapedata said was good [2:10 PM]

jeehyung: hmm interesting. [2:09 PM]

Brourd: Hi Jee, Eli [2:10 PM]

Eli Fisker: So I appreachiate the raw data [2:10 PM]

Eli Fisker: Hi Brourd :slight_smile: [2:10 PM]

jeehyung: Hi Brourd : ] [2:09 PM]

Brourd: :slight_smile: [2:10 PM]

jeehyung: @Eli you said you had a question? [2:09 PM]

Eli Fisker: Jee, I wrote a guide to the raw data a coupple of days ago. Here I also mentions how I use the data [2:10 PM]

jeehyung: oh awesome [2:10 PM]

jeehyung: can I get a link to that? [2:10 PM]

Eli Fisker: sure [2:11 PM]

Eli Fisker: https://getsatisfaction.com/eternagam… [2:11 PM]

Eli Fisker: I describe how I use it at the bottom [2:11 PM]

jeehyung: super. thanks so much [2:11 PM]

Eli Fisker: np :slight_smile: [2:12 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ok, that question [2:12 PM]

Eli Fisker: The quality of the picture of the raw data was better in Rhiju’s post on it, than it later was in the news post - though they were same file formats [2:13 PM]

Eli Fisker: To analyse the data I have printed them out. And it is real hard to tell a G from a C with the basenumbers [2:13 PM]

Eli Fisker: So my wish is that for future uploads that we get the highest possible resolution [2:14 PM]

jeehyung: It’s actually the difference in type of conversion. Did you like the resolution of the images from round 5? [2:13 PM]

Eli Fisker: Haven’t printed them yet, but it sounds like there is an improvement :slight_smile: [2:15 PM]

jeehyung: Yes. We’ll always have the highest resolution images from now on : ] [2:15 PM]

Eli Fisker: Excellent! Hugs from here :slight_smile: [2:16 PM]

Eli Fisker: Brourd, do you have questions? [2:16 PM]

Brourd: Hmm, not really, too early in the morning for thinking, hehehe [2:17 PM]

Eli Fisker: Hehe, you always have questions, B [2:17 PM]

jeehyung: btw we have some mock up images for the new website renovation. Leave us a comment if have a suggestion : ] [2:16 PM]

jeehyung: https://github.com/EteRNAgame/EteRNA-… [2:16 PM]

Brourd: Oh yes, I saw those [2:17 PM]

Eli Fisker: wow [2:18 PM]

Eli Fisker: I just checked the first [2:18 PM]

Eli Fisker: Hehe, I like the level thing [2:19 PM]

Eli Fisker: In nr. 3 [2:19 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ok, I shall commont on them on page :slight_smile: [2:19 PM]

jeehyung: : ] [2:18 PM]

Eli Fisker: I like the colortheme [2:20 PM]

jeehyung: They are still work in progress [2:19 PM]

jeehyung: so things might change with your comments [2:19 PM]

Brourd: It is looking good, how goes the work on the database as well? [2:20 PM]

jeehyung: It’s going parallel with the art work [2:20 PM]

jeehyung: It’s going ok although we are having bit hard time to make a better sequence search/browsing interface [2:21 PM]

Brourd: nice [2:21 PM]

Brourd: ahh, so, the search interface, hmm [2:21 PM]

jeehyung: yeah. It’ll be like the current browsing interface in the lab [2:23 PM]

jeehyung: only with more functions and much lighter to use [2:23 PM]

Brourd: great [2:24 PM]

Eli Fisker: Sounds good [2:24 PM]

Brourd: and the ability to go to a different design without having to go back to the results screen, right :slight_smile: [2:25 PM]

Eli Fisker: Does that include visuals? [2:25 PM]

Eli Fisker: like a small picture of the shape in question? [2:25 PM]

Eli Fisker: Tsuname told that you were basing it on this one: http://rmdb.stanford.edu/repository/a… [2:26 PM]

jeehyung: yes we are planning on that. Being able to browse without moving pages, and having small thumbnails [2:26 PM]

Eli Fisker: And a lot of the consepts/elements I didn’t understand [2:26 PM]

Eli Fisker: But pictures would help my understanding [2:27 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great [2:27 PM]

Brourd: very nice [2:27 PM]

Brourd: So, what is the plan after EteRNA 2.0 is finished and launched? [2:28 PM]

jeehyung: iin 1-2 months timeframe. Hopefully : ] [2:29 PM]

Eli Fisker: :slight_smile: [2:29 PM]

Brourd: oh, that sounds great, so by September, we should have Eli hard at work writing science papers is what you are saying :slight_smile: [2:30 PM]

jeehyung: ahh that’s my dream : ] [2:30 PM]

Eli Fisker: nice [2:30 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m the apprentice [2:31 PM]

Eli Fisker: /newbie [2:31 PM]

jeehyung: : ] [2:32 PM]

Brourd: hehehe [2:32 PM]

jeehyung: hopefully we can make the paper writing process like a fun and gamelike stages [2:32 PM]

Eli Fisker: I wouldn’t mind getting Brourd to write about our energy model either. He knows it better than anyone [2:32 PM]

Eli Fisker: Sounds cool, Jee [2:32 PM]

jeehyung: I dream to see hundreds of papers published by Eterna players : ] [2:33 PM]

Brourd: oh, how about the paper that details the results of EteRNA over the last year, when is that going to be published? [2:33 PM]

Eli Fisker: That will be awesome. I like your dreams, I love to be a part of it [2:33 PM]

jeehyung: It’s getting reviewed by our colleagues now. If we don’t find a major flaw, we’ll submit it next week : ] [2:33 PM]

Brourd: Very cool [2:34 PM]

Brourd: Hmm, with the cloud lab, are we going to see any lab projects from labs outside Stanford? [2:35 PM]

jeehyung: that’s our hope. [2:35 PM]

jeehyung: we’ll need to convince other labs about the Eterna players potential [2:36 PM]

jeehyung: EternaBot paper will certainly be a big plus to that [2:36 PM]

Brourd: Yes [2:36 PM]

jeehyung: and papers from players will help a lot too : ] [2:36 PM]

Eli Fisker: :slight_smile: [2:36 PM]

Eli Fisker: By the way, Brourd and I was discussing something the other day [2:37 PM]

Eli Fisker: He said what if we only get our switch designing algorithm to do 80% of the designing part. [2:37 PM]

Eli Fisker: (when we get one done) [2:37 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m thinking, can one run evolution on RNA switches in lab, as one can on aptamers? [2:37 PM]

jeehyung: oh? [2:37 PM]

jeehyung: Can you explain what you mean by switch designing algorithm? [2:38 PM]

Eli Fisker: If we got one algorithm made that can design RNA switches [2:38 PM]

Eli Fisker: as we have a bot that can design single shape designs [2:38 PM]

jeehyung: ahh [2:39 PM]

jeehyung: so we start from algorithm designs instead of blank AAAAAA sequences? [2:40 PM]

Eli Fisker: Not sure I understand? [2:40 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ah, so AAAAAAA is how one normally starts, as we did, when designing RNA switches [2:41 PM]

jeehyung: yep that’s what I meant [2:41 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ok [2:41 PM]

Eli Fisker: It will be harder of cause, but if one can make an algorithm that can get close to a functioning switch [2:41 PM]

jeehyung: yes of course [2:41 PM]

Eli Fisker: can one then run evolution on it, in lab? [2:42 PM]

jeehyung: I see what you mean now. Great idea : ] [2:42 PM]

Eli Fisker: thx [2:42 PM]

jeehyung: noted. I’ll make sure to tell Adrien and Rhiju about it [2:42 PM]

Eli Fisker: I have no idea if it is practicly possible, but I just was fascinated that aptamers could be improved that way [2:42 PM]

Eli Fisker: Cool [2:42 PM]

jeehyung: we’ll first have to make EternaBot Switch first : ] [2:43 PM]

Eli Fisker: hehe, yep :slight_smile: [2:43 PM]

Brourd: Nice [2:47 PM]

Brourd: Looks like EteRNA’s future is looking pretty good at the current time :slight_smile: [2:48 PM]

jeehyung: We are excited. Open research by everyone - this is revolutionary, even at the frontier of citizen science projects : ] [2:51 PM]

Eli Fisker: Yep, EteRNA was the future from the beginning :slight_smile: [2:52 PM]

jeehyung: : ] [2:52 PM]

Brourd: Good thing there is still a lot to discover with RNA, don’t want the future ending any time soon [2:53 PM]

Eli Fisker: Nope :slight_smile: [2:53 PM]

Eli Fisker: It is way too fun [2:53 PM]

Eli Fisker: There was an interesting article in WIRED, on that scientist should be publishing in Wikipedia [2:55 PM]

Eli Fisker: to get the public involved [2:55 PM]

Eli Fisker: And the scientists that actually did, found out they got free spell and grammar check by the readers of their articles. :slight_smile: [2:56 PM]

Eli Fisker: As the scientists said: We were surprised by just how many improvements come from non-scientists editors in Wikipedia [2:57 PM]

jeehyung: ahhh [2:58 PM]

jeehyung: they’ll soon get much more surprise from Eterna : ] [2:58 PM]

Eli Fisker: hehe [2:58 PM]

Brourd: hehehe [3:00 PM]

jeehyung: have to run back to work now. It was great chatting with you Eli, Brourd [3:00 PM]

jeehyung: I’ll be back at 4pm EST meeting session : ] [3:00 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great chatting to you, as always, Jee :slight_smile: [3:00 PM]

Eli Fisker: See you [3:00 PM]

Brourd: nice, I’ll probably be here the as well, maybe with more questions :slight_smile: [3:00 PM]

Brourd: bye Jee, thanks for the chat [3:01 PM]

Eli Fisker: hehe [3:01 PM]

LOG FROM SCIENTIST CHAT - SECOND SESSION (1-6-2012)

jeehyung: hi all : ] [10:03 PM]

Brourd: Hi Jee :slight_smile: [10:03 PM]

Brourd: day going well so far? [10:04 PM]

jeehyung: good as always : ] [10:05 PM]

Brourd: nice [10:05 PM]

Brourd: Hmm, I wonder what happened to Eli, hehehe [10:06 PM]

jeehyung: I’m guessing jandersonlee can’t make it to this meeting too [10:06 PM]

Brourd: yeah, probably [10:07 PM]

hoglahoo: is this a dev-chat meeting? [10:07 PM]

Brourd: yep, Jee is here to answer any questions we may have [10:08 PM]

hoglahoo: I have a question [10:08 PM]

hoglahoo: is the experimental shape estimate mode for the switched part of the
switch puzzle going to come back? [10:09 PM]

jeehyung: hi hoglahoo [10:09 PM]

hoglahoo: hi, how are you [10:09 PM]

jeehyung: yes - that’s actually the most difficult part (technically). But we are still working on it and it will be in the game [10:09 PM]

hoglahoo: great! [10:10 PM]

hoglahoo: I think that was the only question I have [10:10 PM]

Brourd: Nice, any eta on that Jee, or is it still in development? [10:10 PM]

Brourd: or, will that be implemented along with EteRNA 2.0 [10:11 PM]

Eli Fisker: hi Jee :slight_smile: [10:13 PM]

jeehyung: I think it might be after 2.0 [10:13 PM]

jeehyung: hi Eli : ] [10:13 PM]

Eli Fisker: No, Janderson couldn’t, but I sent him the chatlog [10:14 PM]

Brourd: Jee, how many of the active labs in EteRNA 2.0 will start out as Stanford projects? [10:14 PM]

Brourd: or, will players be given immediate control to start a project, based on other player opinion [10:15 PM]

jeehyung: only 1 I think. There will be about 10 active labs in the beginning [10:15 PM]

jeehyung: 9 will be from players [10:15 PM]

Brourd: nice [10:15 PM]

Brourd: will those labs be chosen by players, or will developers have to make the final decision as to what becomes a lab? [10:15 PM]

Brourd: I’m also guessing a sufficient hypothesis will have to accompany each project? [10:16 PM]

jeehyung: labs will be chosen by player votes [10:16 PM]

jeehyung: and there don’t have be a clear hypthesis. But there has to be a clear “winning condition” to finish a lab’ [10:17 PM]

Brourd: right, so players will be given full control from the very beginning [10:17 PM]

jeehyung: that’s right [10:18 PM]

Brourd: sounds good [10:18 PM]

Brourd: Any question from you Eli? [10:20 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m only thinking about when the paper on the bot gets out, and Eterna 2 gets up [10:20 PM]

Brourd: hahaha [10:20 PM]

Brourd: Alright then :slight_smile: [10:21 PM]

Eli Fisker: And then, will some of the market strategies gets programmed? [10:21 PM]

Eli Fisker: the rest of them [10:21 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m quite sure there are some good among them [10:21 PM]

Brourd: Good question [10:23 PM]

Brourd: After finishing your answer for Eli, Jee, I was wondering how much control players will be given for the designing of the projects [10:26 PM]

jeehyung: @Eli yes. Right now we don’t have any programmer…but we are trying to hire someone. I’m thinking of starting them with the strategies [10:26 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great [10:27 PM]

Eli Fisker: If Jerry is available I like him :slight_smile: [10:27 PM]

jeehyung: @Brourd it’s safe to say the player will have the full control over projects [10:27 PM]

Brourd: sounds good [10:27 PM]

Brourd: including sequence design? [10:27 PM]

jeehyung: Players will be able to design puzzles, constraints, winning condition [10:27 PM]

jeehyung: sequence design? [10:27 PM]

Brourd: oh, just the sequence [10:28 PM]

Brourd: will we still be limited by the energy model [10:28 PM]

jeehyung: yes…although I’m hoping we can give you several different energy model options. [10:28 PM]

Eli Fisker: sweet [10:29 PM]

Brourd: ahh, sounds good [10:29 PM]

Eli Fisker: Brourd will love that [10:29 PM]

Eli Fisker: :slight_smile: [10:29 PM]

jeehyung: there are 3,4 models available in the field now. Perhaps selecting from
them will be sufficnent. [10:29 PM]

Brourd: probably [10:29 PM]

Brourd: in terms of scoring, will the typical scoring procedure be used? [10:30 PM]

Brourd: or will players also determine scoring as well [10:31 PM]

jeehyung: Yes, but it’ll be only provided as a reference. [10:31 PM]

jeehyung: The project manager decides which one is good or bad [10:31 PM]

jeehyung: and whether the project is successful [10:31 PM]

Brourd: nice, so players essentially will determine success from failure [10:31 PM]

jeehyung: yes - the project creator is the admin of that lab [10:31 PM]

jeehyung: we’ll need some way to handle the abuse…but I’m not too worried about
that right now [10:32 PM]

Brourd: great, will the admin position be locked until a certain level? [10:32 PM]

jeehyung: well you’ll definitely have to be a lab member to propose a project [10:32 PM]

Brourd: right [10:33 PM]

jeehyung: then, the project will have to be selected as an active project from player poll [10:33 PM]

Eli Fisker: :slight_smile: [10:33 PM]

jeehyung: so you’ll have to be pretty advanced players to get through all that [10:33 PM]

jeehyung: then you get to be an admin of your own lab, until the lab successfully finished, or you give up [10:33 PM]

Brourd: so, plenty of safeguards to prevent abuse [10:33 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m smiling at the thought of scientist sneaking in disguised as players and playing to get lab rights ’ [10:34 PM]

jeehyung: I’m hoping so : P [10:34 PM]

jeehyung: ahh… scientist spies : { [10:34 PM]

Brourd: hehehe [10:34 PM]

Eli Fisker: I think it is fun that they will HAVE to play [10:35 PM]

jeehyung: we’re thinking we can maybe assign special slots to research scientists if they want to join… [10:34 PM]

Brourd: ahh, sounds cool [10:35 PM]

jeehyung: I think they can definitely bring a lot of knowledge and inspiration to rest of players [10:35 PM]

Eli Fisker: Yep, that will be great [10:35 PM]

Eli Fisker: and welcome [10:35 PM]

Brourd: I was wondering, let’s say I was a lab admin, but then I am unable to get online for whatever reason [10:36 PM]

Brourd: for a long period of time, does a lab become inactive automatically? [10:36 PM]

jeehyung: Yes we are thinking if the lab is inactive for a certain period [10:37 PM]

jeehyung: it’ll be closed [10:37 PM]

jeehyung: of course we’ll ask the admin first [10:37 PM]

Brourd: right [10:38 PM]

Brourd: sounds like it is coming along nicely :slight_smile: [10:38 PM]

jeehyung: lab admins will be able to publish their own news about the lab too [10:38 PM]

jeehyung: it’ll go into the newsfeed of players who are participating in the lab [10:38 PM]

Brourd: oh, that’s great [10:38 PM]

jeehyung: I think we have a solid system design plan. It’s a matter of implementation now : ] [10:39 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great [10:39 PM]

jeehyung: (and art work) [10:39 PM]

Brourd: yep [10:39 PM]

Brourd: sounds solid from here [10:40 PM]

Brourd: will the message inbox system be redone as well? [10:40 PM]

Brourd: or are we still going to use the same one :slight_smile: [10:40 PM]

Eli Fisker: It would be valuable to be able to search in it or sort if by person [10:41 PM]

Brourd: or, have more than 4 messages show at a time [10:41 PM]

Eli Fisker: Or just sort the bot messages out [10:41 PM]

jeehyung: we’ll have to bot message sorted out [10:41 PM]

jeehyung: and we’ll an option to show more messages at once [10:42 PM]

Brourd: nice [10:42 PM]

Eli Fisker: great :slight_smile: [10:42 PM]

Brourd: Heh, I never realized how much I wanted a different inbox system until I was getting more than 12 a day, which made keeping track of them a real pain :slight_smile:
[10:43 PM]

hoglahoo: sorry I missed some of the chat. when is eterna 2 coming? [10:43 PM]

Brourd: If I remember from earlier, it was 1-2 months, right Jee? [10:44 PM]

jeehyung: @hoglahoo, Brourd yes 1-2 months hopefully : ] [10:46 PM]

hoglahoo: my son asks why the challenge puzzles, which are easier than the
player puzzles, are worth more points [10:47 PM]

jeehyung: @hoglahoo right now we don’t have a very good way to determine whether a player puzzle is easy or hard [10:48 PM]

jeehyung: so we couldn’t assign high rewards to every one of them [10:49 PM]

jeehyung: also, we want players go through basic challenges first before going into player puzzles which could frustrate new players because of the difficulty [10:49 PM]

Eli Fisker: Ah, points are bait [10:50 PM]

hoglahoo: oh thats a good point [10:50 PM]

jeehyung: but apparently, some people think player puzzles are easier because they have lower points [10:50 PM]

jeehyung: we’ll have to fix that : [[10:50 PM]

hoglahoo: we of the upper crust do not care as much about the points anyway (heh heh) [10:51 PM]

jeehyung: oh talking about game rewards for advanced players [10:51 PM]

hoglahoo: yeah I initially thought that [10:51 PM]

Brourd: oh, aren’t the player puzzles going to be locked in EteNA 2.0 until a certain point? [10:51 PM]

jeehyung: @Brourd that’s right. It’ll sort of solve that problem [10:52 PM]

Eli Fisker: Yes, please [10:52 PM]

jeehyung: There also will be several challenges in the cloud lab which will allow you to earh bonus synthesis slots [10:52 PM]

jeehyung: hopefully that’ll be an attractive game rewards for even advanced players [10:52 PM]

Eli Fisker: Nice feature [10:52 PM]

Brourd: really, sounds interesting [10:53 PM]

Eli Fisker: I would sure be interested in a couple of extra slots now for the switch :slight_smile: [10:53 PM]

jeehyung: : ] [10:53 PM]

Eli Fisker: I’m not asking, just saying [10:53 PM]

Brourd: what kind of challenges? Or will they be hidden, for more challenge :slight_smile: [10:54 PM]

Brourd: kind of like, a monthly easter egg hunt for extra slots [10:54 PM]

Brourd: hehehe [10:54 PM]

jeehyung: @Brourd it’ll be like a monthly easter egg [10:54 PM]

Eli Fisker: hehe, easter 12 times a year [10:55 PM]

Eli Fisker: Like that [10:55 PM]

jeehyung: like “Get 90 or more score in Lab A and you’ll get 10 more slots” [10:55 PM]

Brourd: ooh, sounds great [10:55 PM]

jeehyung: it’ll be a periodic stuff to encourage people to participate in various
projects [10:55 PM]

Brourd: nice [10:56 PM]

Eli Fisker: Yep [10:56 PM]

Brourd: EteRNA 2.0 sounds like it will be a good improvement [10:57 PM]

jeehyung: It’ll be. We really want to make the lab fun center piece of the game [10:57 PM]

Brourd: Of course, don’t set the bar too high, it may make our expectations for EteRNA 3.0 even greater :wink: [10:57 PM]

Eli Fisker: Great. Center, like that idea [10:57 PM]

Eli Fisker: lol [10:58 PM]

Brourd: expecting to be flown to the lab to personally synthesize the RNA [10:58 PM]

hoglahoo: yes, the lab needs more visiblity I think [10:59 PM]

Brourd: or maybe allowing us to meet each developer personally, all expense paid :slight_smile: [10:59 PM]

Brourd: Yep, with the lab becoming more of a focus for the game, it should help quite a bit [11:00 PM]

Brourd: Oh, one final question, what happened to the Groups? [11:01 PM]

jeehyung: @Brourd that might actually happen. We might invite players to write paper with us if Eterna 2.0 goes well [11:01 PM]

Brourd: are they ever going to be reintroduced to the game with advanced functions? [11:01 PM]

Brourd: oh, very nice [11:01 PM]

jeehyung: About group, we are thinking that each lab kind of serves as a group [11:01 PM]

jeehyung: with its own discussion page and admin being able to notify members… [11:02 PM]

jeehyung: so that might just serve as a group. We are not sure on this though [11:02 PM]

Brourd: ahh, so the previous group function will be removed? [11:02 PM]

jeehyung: still discussing [11:02 PM]

Brourd: hmm, I guess we shall see [11:03 PM]

jeehyung: If we think the lab can replace groups, then yes previous group will be removed [11:02 PM]

Brourd: how about groups for puzzle solving then, for those who are still taking part in the puzzle and gameplay aspect? [11:03 PM]

Brourd: I have heard from a number of players that they would like to have group solving for the more difficult player puzzles [11:04 PM]

hoglahoo: what is group solving [11:04 PM]

Brourd: heh, sharing solutions, working together, etc. [11:05 PM]

hoglahoo: are you talking about an eterna interface especially for that or what? [11:06 PM]

jeehyung: ah that’s a good idea too. Each puzzle like a solving group [11:05 PM]

hoglahoo: we share solutions all the time [11:06 PM]

Brourd: hmm, but not in progress solutions [11:06 PM]

hoglahoo: oh… [11:07 PM]

hoglahoo: like a screen everyone can see and work on at once? [11:07 PM]

Brourd: yeah, something like that [11:07 PM]

Brourd: essentially, players won’t feel so “alone” when they are solving a puzzle that is especially difficult [11:07 PM]

hoglahoo: I’d like to see some kind of broadcast interface, but I hate to ask too much of a free site :slight_smile: [11:08 PM]

jeehyung: I like the idea of the broadcast group… [11:08 PM]

jeehyung: I have to run now But let me bring the idea up in the next dev meeting [11:08 PM]

jeehyung: I think everyone will like the idea [11:09 PM]

Brourd: Alright, bye Jee, thanks for the chat :slight_smile: [11:09 PM]

hoglahoo: if they don’t, just tell them brourd will beat them up [11:09 PM]

hoglahoo: later, thanks for the answers [11:09 PM]

jeehyung: Thanks for the great ideas, Brourd, Eli, hoglahoo : ] [11:09 PM]

Eli Fisker: Thanks for a great chat, Jee :slight_smile: [11:09 PM]