Beam to Puzzlemaker

I just discovered the “Beam to Puzzlemaker” Puzzle menu command when looking at a lab design, and I have got to say I love it!  Perfect timing for me, because that is exactly what I wanted to do at that moment.

2 Likes

I’ll join the choir of praise. :slight_smile:

I knew about it in puzzles, but not from lab to puzzle. Thx for mentioning!

Does the new game/lab interface no longer support Beam to Puzzlemaker? I don’t seem to see it in the interface? Or am I missing it?

Right click → beam to puzzlemaker should still work as always, though for the current ASO labs it won’t work since puzzlemaker doesn’t support oligos

Good to know. I’ll quit looking for it. I had hoped to use it to generate the dot bracket notation in order to make comparing structures easier. Is there another way to get dot brackets for ASO lab solutions?

It should be possible for someone to create a booster to do this, but I don’t know of one off-hand.

Really we should have this built-in (I know it’s been requested a number of times), I just haven’t gotten the chance to get to it.

That’s ok. Whbob’s method here seems to work for the time being.

FYI, as of a few weeks ago there is an option to copy the structure from the right click menu. Hopefully we can make it a bit easier to use in the future.

1 Like