The new browser is not ready to take over

I have grown particular fond of the kcal column lately. I know the classic browser shows the Vienna value and the game shows the NUPACK value. 

However I can’t find the nupack one in the spreadsheets and as such it doesn’t get into the web browser.

I would like to get kcal into the web browser. I have found it helps me for analysis.

Crucial information missing

I have found that the small boxes with info about which switch elements needs to be present in what state are not there. It holds great value to know, both to see if the puzzle fulfills demands - also of the simulation. At the same time this teaches us about the quirks of NUPACK. When we can see when lab allow things that simulation disagrees with. I’m in chrome.

The same puzzle in the classic browser

In case it’s of interest, based on some exparamentation I did, it’s actually the energy from the state and energy model you submitted it with.

1 Like

LFP, thx. This is very relevant.

What I understand you are saying is that the column kcal can then be from different models then.

And the kcal on the design shown by default is NUPACKS - for most of the latest labs, we have NUPACK as default once we get the data back and also when designing.

So having kcal from each engine split up in columns would be most helpful. Or having it consistently be from NUPACK. It will help for comparison if we can compare the same energy model and not different ones in the same column.

1 Like

It’s my current plan to not use the energy values stored in the Eterna database for the new browser.  Instead, the values would be generated by the same process that generates the dot-bracket structure strings, so that they are consistent.

Sorting function missing

One of the tools I value the most in the classic browser is the sorting function. It’s invaluable when it comes to distill what is working.

What one can do is click on any design of interest and get the data sorted by their similarity to this design.

It is by far the tool that tells me most, when it comes to comparing similar designs and see which small base changes are the most important and why. However it is not yet an option in the new browser.

I have earlier given an intro to the sorting function. The same document contains ideas for how to use it.

Can’t get to the web site today.  Just a blue screen.  I can see the new lab page on the dev server.  Looks like 4 or 5 oligo’s.  Delay looks to be about 6 million miles at light speed :slight_smile:  5/3/16  

Just got back on.  Safari was my problem browser.  Switched to chrome yesterday and it worked great.  Today, safari is back up and running again.  Thanks to all who worked on this :slight_smile:

I was just looking at a Gene synthesizer puzzle.  NT numbers didn’t show on the RNA strand when it first opened.  Neither natural or target mode.
I opened the settings and Show Numbers was checked.  I unchecked the box, went back to the puzzle, than back to the settings.  Rechecked the NT numbers selection.  The numbers then appeared in the puzzle OK.  
New players have a hard time when the numbers are not shown.

Here is a png of my browser(Chrome)with an error report.  The 2D section of the browser never loads the Flash structure.  This began after Flash had a new update recently.  I’m guessing that the 2D area is a frame that calls the Flash software.  Not sure where the call to flash is in the code, but this error may be related to that call not being processed properly.  Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you, whbob, for the detailed screenshot.

The problem doesn’t seem to be your flash version, but the fact that puzzleid is undefined in the Puzzlequery string. Your screenshot doesn’t show the main table, but offhand the only reason I can think of for the puzzle id being undefined is that you didn’t start by choosing one or more puzzles.  Is this a possibility?  If not, maybe you can give me the full sequence of what you do to create this.  Or is this not a easily reproducible error?

Ask not if “The new browser is ready to take over?”, ask " Am I ready for the new browser?"  
I saw the same thing last night.  “Puzzleid not defined”, using dev tools in chrome.  I woke at the break of dawn thinking " the filters".  
I filtered out all of the "unnecessary data on the puzzle lines, thinking it was only a visual for me and not a filter of the data that the software would use.
I listed eterna scores greater than 89 with a sublab puzzle name showing the design, score and sequence, not thinking something like the puzzle id was necessary. 
Went back and checked puzzle id and now all is well in “my” browser .

Sorry for the distraction :frowning:  

It’s not a distraction; it’s a legitimate bug report.  The browser should enforce its own requirements, not leave the user to figure out what they are.

Thank you for posting.